Advantages of Summer

I am sure that you know this feeling. You have been waiting for the sun all year long, and once it's there, you disgust it. You hate the fact that you can't do anything without sweating, you don't like the constant sun in your eyes when you're driving, walking or just laying around. It could be just me - but I feel like many other people share my feelings.
That is the reason why I created a list of advantages of the summer. Yes - trust me - they do exist! Read on if you'd like to know some things which are enjoyable. At least, when you're in a good mood.





1. You can swim.
Don't you love the feeling of fresh water on your skin? The freshness of some cold water? It is something I love. I don't like swimming - personally - but a jump in the pool is something no-one can ever resist. It is something you can't do during wintertime (or in an inside swimming pool, but it is less special.) which makes this a cool thing of summer.

2. Days are longer.
The fact that you can stay outside until you go to bed is something which makes me rather happy. I can read books, stare at the sun or just enjoy the temperature whilst sipping a lovely drink.

3. Cheeky summer songs are not so cheeky anymore.
I don't think this sentence needs further explanation. You can listen to 'California Dreaming' without feeling ashamed!

4. You can lose weight.
Summer makes you sweat, sweating makes you lose weight. Another positive thing about summer. Don't forget to stay hydrated, though!

5. You can listen to happy birds making happy noises.
It is the perfect summer feeling: waking up to birds singing!

6. You can have long summer nights with friends.
Talking, laughing, having fun.. it is something you can do now with a cold Coke, rather than with a hot chocolate. Much better, in my opinion.

7. You can wear all the clothes without blazers and leggings.
Perfect! It makes outfits so much flowier and more relaxed.

8. You can go to the beach and actually swim.
I don't do it very often, but I love walks over beaches. They are so relaxing - especially when the sun is going down. An advantage of summer is that you can actually swim when making these walks. A perfect combination! A little bit of tanning and a little bit of walking and a little bit of swimming. Lovely!


Well, that were my 8 advantages of summer. I hope that I cheered you up a little bit, and when I didn't - remember that summer will be over too soon, and when you're walking through the snow, freezing your butt off, you will regret the fact that you didn't enjoy the summer!

Have a nice day!

No comments: